Order Now  About Me    Contact Me  Common Questions    Upcoming Events

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Maceys cooking school

Tonight I taught a class at Macey's cookin school.  It was a lot of fun and I met some really great people!!! 
I demonstrated the "Brunch Braid" or Ham and Cheese Bread as my kids call it.  This is the Recipe of the Week!!!

Brunch Braid

1 loaf rhodes bread dough, or your favorite dough recipe (see my favorite dough recipe below)
1 cube butter
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 cube butter
12 oz Sliced lunch ham
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese


Roll dough out into a rectangle.  Spread some of the butter mixture down the middle.  Top that with ham slices and then sprinkle the cheese on top of that. (keep down center).  Cut 2" strips along the edges and criss cross across the top alternating sides.  Fold top and bottom over to seal ends.
If freezing, wrap in plastic wrap and foil.  Freeze.  To bake after freezing, remove from freezer and thaw and let rise a little.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden brown

My Son went with me to help and ended up pretty much taking over the show!!!

Everyone was happy to learn how to simplify dinnertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment